Monday, December 26, 2011

THE TEST


Artist: Rosetta Nesbitt
                                                             NOVEMBER 13TH 2002©


One day I awoke to find myself all alone in the world. I was thinking in my mind how it would be to shop until I drop. Grooming myself for the start of my day, I begin to think about all of the free food left in the world I could chose from and eat. Steaks, wines, even my favorite caviar I could eat as much as I want and never have to pay for it.  While combing my hair, I thought of all the perms, and hair colors I could chose from I want. Oh! Wow! This is going to be a sweet revenge on all the girls who hated on me in school. While thinking about all that I could do being by myself.  It reminded me of a girl I once knew who always hated on me. That Liz Ponchos girl! She tried to beat me up all the time!  The name was Liz Ponchos.  Liz hated me!  Just one thought of her name I get happy feelings of sweet revenge. I can see it now, jealousy bleeding through her eyes when she find out I had total assess to everything in the whole world. I smiled at this thought this prospect. As I continued to get dress, I decided to hit the clothing stores first. This will help me to work up a good appetite with all the food choices available to me. Little old me can have anything I want and nobody can interfere with me. I did just that, shopping! I hit the Hecht’s department store first as was one of my dreams stores to shop at. I swear! I saw Liz outside that window looking at me in this store.  Ho! I am just wishing! I thought in my mind could this can’t be true that Liz is here? Laughing I thought that I was being foolish. I am the only soul left in the whole world, it can’t be true. I moved on with no more thoughts about it till the next store. Penny’s was next! Yes! Sitting in the window were all kinds of shoes and bags. I went in look quickly behind me and again I thought I saw a reflection of Liz looking back at me. I could have sworn that I could see Liz’s reflection looking back at me. Oh girl! Go on! You know nobody else is here but you! I thought! The thought passed on again. I moved on in for the kill on the shoes. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Oh Yeah! I found one shoe that I like and got one in every color.
Now! Now! Now! Now! Now Girl!  It’s time for me to get my grub on. Finally food! I sat down at the table taking off my coat, and stretched my arms and legs wide while I yawned. I was tired from all that shopping and carrying bags. I picked up the menu to see what I wanted to eat. Sitting their like someone was suppose to come and take my order! Ho!  I forgot! Low and behold to me there was one thing I had for got about, when I sat down at the table to eat. Nobody was here but me! There was no one here to cook me some food. Thinking I can’t cook! Oh My I am going to starve if I don’t get something to eat. Looking out into the air, I thought I saw Liz again.  I said what? ‘What the hell!’ I decided I am going to check this out. This vision is happening too much. I moved from my table quickly.  I ran to the spot where I saw her at Last. She had disappeared again then reappeared again. Okay! What the hell in going on here? Who are you? Liz is that you?  I saw her again! I yelled! Liz, is that you?  Are you really here? Yes! The voice yelled back to her! Liz was frightened. I was following you all day.
I was watching you live high off the horse with things you have available to you.  Did you ever stop to think that you are the only soul left in this world? No one else is in the whole face of the earth but you? And You only! All you thought about was yourself. I’m gonna be honest with you. I am not really Liz!  What the? I just look like her because you sort after her face in your mind for desperate for revenge.  I am GOD! And I put some people through to see what they are really made of.  I want them to see what is really in them!  What’s really in them? What kind of God tricks an innocent little girl yelled Liz!
All along, you never did wish to see or touch your family, or friends.  All along, you never thought about anyone but you supposed to love the?  All you thought about was yourself and material things Instead. You failed my life’s exam.  You are now going to be forever alone for this is your chosen fate.  Rats! Yelled Liz! She said: can I get another chance Lord. I’m sorry! I promise! I promise I will start thinking about others more. I promise!  She looked into the eyes of the Lord who is not easily fooled and she asked: You mean Liz will never get to see me ware my new dresses, and shoes. GOD said, Wow! Did that girl really hear what I just told her? Ungracious are you. Your new name will be Food for thought! Your name will go down with you in your eternal life of Hell. This is it, I wash my hands. Devil, open up your mouth, because here goes food for thought at your pleasure! The Devil even said to the Lord.  No Thanks! I don’t have room for the likes of her! You sure you can’t do something with that girl Lord! He Said Well!
  
AUTHOR: ROSETTA NESBITT



No comments:

Post a Comment