Thursday, July 5, 2012




~Friends~

She is so beautiful with long dark hair laying length wise down her back
No one would have ever known that she was sick inside
Her heart hurts, bused from the pain she had hidden inside, eroded with scares
Yet no one would have ever known that she was sick inside!
One moment she was standing there beside me beautiful as beauty can be
She exhale noisily with a look of emptiness in her eyes
 Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
She walked away from me out of my sight,
Only to return, appearing as someone totally different than she was before:
I died inside!
Standing there before me, her body goes limp knock-kneed and how
Her back slumped forward like old persons warn out bones
Her eyes had the look of a lost soul,
Droopy heavy leads so hard struggling not to close
Who would have known that she was sick inside?
Lifting her arms toward me with a gesture to communicate
Her speech slurred with wordless vowels I couldn’t understand
This poor soul has lost her way home, her hair isn’t even combed
She dropped her arms like a flopped baby doll
 Frustrated from endless effortless in moans
Now who would have known the pain she hid that she was sick inside?
She released her gripped and gave into the drug
 Now moving inside hers staking claims on her body
Making hers its own
Her beauty well hidden, ugliness denies itself no longer,
Until then no one ever knew the sickness inside her
She opens her mouth to talk, with only motionless groans
In slow motion she frowns
 Frustration precedes each attempt to communicate her words
 She passes out
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
Her body falls forward when I reached out to catch her
Ho! What trust drugs falsely dissuade
It thrust her, senselessly, she displayed
Without choice she could not have make
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
I took her to her room, bearing all her dead weight,
 Thinking in my mind, girl thank, God you are my friend
 I’ll be with you to the end
I laid her on her bed and thought:
 Her innocence is now exposed, and your secrete is out
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
Stroking her long hair in wonder
How can this beauty give into defeat?
Why won’t she fight for her own life?
Ho! What a disgusting sight!
Who would have known that she was sick inside?
Looking down at her in this drug induced state,
I saw her hair spattered wildly across her pillow,
Like a sparrow of water waves motioned in stillness
There she lay
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
I pondered for a moment to think!
Peace and calmness was finally hers
Without the tension of stressors in past she tried to suppress
 But the drug had her under arrest
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
 For the first time I met my true friend
 With no secretes between us
 Looking at the way she awkwardly handles her pain made her no threat
It’s time for you to really relax, my friend; you can reassure we are kin
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
We are one just like the other
Trying to live with our pain
 Handling it all on our own
But it will drain both our strengths if we don’t fight
My friend; your secrete is now out about the pain hidden in you
Burses from scaring tarring your heart
It is now under arrest with two friends at best, if we remain tight!
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
 Sleep my friend!
Nothing can tear us apart
Rest while I watch over you, and care for you
We’ll never ever depart
Keeping God in our heart
Who would have ever known that she was sick inside?
Just then my friend awaken totally alert, when our places switch to a different fate
Just then our roles were reversed
I am now in your place and you are in mine
Who would have ever known that I was sick inside?
She repeats my words to me now
 The drug got me this time
Rest my dear friend your secrete in out
You are secure with me together we will fight
You can trust me
 I will never leave your side
 I will take care of you this time
Two friends hand and hand going through a tunnel blinded
A life of pain bursting in flames!
True friends forever!
Author: Rosetta Nesbitt:  February 26, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment