Thursday, July 5, 2012



I AM STILL GIRLY GIRL
Today I wore my little girl past.
I only ordered this day.
Deciding to see the little girl
Inside of me
I dressed my past today just for me
Looking into my reflection,
I thought?
As I practice visually styling my hair
Searching out a style that’s short
Behold: there!
There you are!
The reflection looking back at me
Was the little girl I used to be
Putting my hair in eight little pony-tails
And a bane, Oh Look!
It’s me when I was three
The little girl inside of me decided
It’s Okay, I see
God: you still have a girly_ girl in me.
I looked over my shoulder
At my reflection in the mirror
And I saw my bathtub calling me
Bubbles _Bubbles
Lord Bubbles I can be free
While running a bath I set out my clothes
Pink and lacy pajamas for me please!
While picking out my pink sleeper
With the words “You Go Girl”
Printed on my pajama shirt
Plainly for you to see
I got in my bath;
Playing with the bubbles
While eating candy Louise treats
I thought Lord, today
I am the little girl
You made of me to be with pink pajamas
Laid out for you to see
I put them on and looked to see
Wow!
My reflection could it be?
You said it’s me
When I was three
I am not the little girl I used to be
With all the suffering I lived to see
I belong to you
God:
I am your little girl
Still hidden in me
The only little girly-girl
An original of me
The little girly, girl
I tend to still be.
ROSETTA NESBITT
(c)January 24th, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment