Thursday, July 5, 2012




Mr. Gate Keeper
May I enter in?
You must meet the required deed, to pass this way
I asked… What I must do?
You must trust me no matter what!
Close your eyes, and give me your hand!
Follow me into the path of an unknown way!
Why must I close my eyes, Gate Keeper?
You must do this, if you want passage to the other side of my gate.
Blindly, I placed my hands into the gate keeper’s hand Fearfully, 
I felt things touching me!
A strong breeze whisked across my face!
It feels ice cold.
An intense heat consumes my body. 
Noise filled the room around me.
It smells of a smell of mildew, and scorched flesh. 
Something begin to craw over my flesh! 
My eyes still shut, while fear grip my throat
I yelled aloud! I still trust you!
The Gate Keeper said to me…
Know matter what happens,
do not open your eyes!
You must trust me fully or it will be your demise.
After hearing this, panic begins to sets in.
My mind begins to play tricks on me.
I wanted to open my eyes badly, yet I don’t!
This is the hardest thing, I have ever done.
I do not know this man, who guides me through the unknown.
I begin to self-talk, building my confidence!
I say self 
You can do it! 
You can do it! 
You can di it!
Something craws up my back, creepy... it craws.
It was big, wet, and sticky enough to feel, 
It was no fun!
Fear gripped my heart and held it still!
I begin to weigh how bad did I want to go through that gate!
Reasoning inside me, I asked: Is it worth all this?
Chanting through it all,
I said, I can do this! 
I can do this!
I can’t do this!
Swiftly changing from I can't take it!
I must open my eyes peaked, to see!
I can’t take this! 
I can’t take it!
I can’t take it!
My eyes opened!!!!!
Completely I open my eyes in anticipation,
to see what was crawing on me!
I found that I was still in the same place, where I started from.
I never left my place, and there was nothing on me… 
Only the gate keeper and me
I asked the gate keeper, what had happened?
He said… You have failed to maintain your faith!
You are disqualified to enter into my gate.
I said what faith? The gate keeper, said …
You could not trust me long enough to reach your goal!
You took things well, all the way through your ordeal, 
Until you got closer to the end, where you doubted…
Therefore, you can not pass through my gate.
I walked away with my head hung down.
I looked back in wonder.
Then it hit me! 
Three times I talked myself into…
trusting my hands into the Gate keeper’s hand. 
Then three times, I denounced my trust...
And my faith in hands of the gate keeper hands, 
But!
At the last minute that, I gave in ….
The power of the tongue was the lasting result
It became my own words, that destroy my chances.
Watch your words, rapidly, and freely,
they flow about, far in the air
You can’t regain them, or control where they end up...
once they are released!

Author: Rosetta Nesbitt October 11, 2009

  

No comments:

Post a Comment